Those announcing my death will be arrested-Museveni

Spread the love

President Museveni has directed security forces to locate very quickly and arrest sources of fake news regarding his presumed death. Several social media platforms have in the past few weeks been awash with reports announcing Museveni dead whereas others have indicated that he had been admitted in a critical condition in a neighboring country.

The reports indicated that the president had contracted the deadly Covid-19.However, speaking at the swearing-in of ministers at the Kololo independence grounds, Museveni said it is wrong to announce someone who is alive dead.

‘‘Apparently, social media has been saying that Museveni is dead. The security should locate very quickly- the one who tells such a story,’’ Mr Museveni said during another swearing in ceremony of cabinet ministers at Kololo Independence grounds, Thursday. 

The claims that have become vocal, even after the president has made several public appearances- started circulating on the night of June 26 in form of multimedia from anonymous sources on microblogging platforms, including the government-banned Facebook mobile application. 

‘‘The other day when I went to that side of Bombo to lay a foundation (for a project) people were looking at me with shock because social media reported that I was dead,’’ he said.  

Mr Museveni now says that security should solve what he describes as a non-security but rather idiotic problem. 

‘‘Security should solve that problem. I need to check with them so that we go for you. If you’re in Europe, we denounce you and say go to hell because you are wasting people’s time,’’ he warned.

Related posts

Leave a Comment